New to the BIRD?
Banks must generate a vast amount of data to comply with statistical and supervisory reporting requirements. BIRD – a new initiative of the ESCB’s Statistics Committee – should help them meet this challenging task, increasing the efficiency of their reporting systems and resulting in higher quality banking data. Read more…
If you are a bank and you want to join the BIRD initiative send us an e-mail BIRD@ecb.europa.eu.
About this release (31.08.2018)
The current BIRD Release 2.1 integrates the following reporting requirements:
– (NEW!) The European Banking Authority Implementing Technical Standards with respect to FinRep requirements (version 2.7), implementing the CRD IV/CRR framework.
– Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of the European Central Bank on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions (AnaCredit Regulation)
– Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384. It concerns the collection of Statistics on Holdings of Securities (SHS).
This release consists of a complete methodology used to describe the various datasets of the different layers (e.g. Input Layer, Output Layer) in the BIRD.
A maintenance activity is foreseen to ensure the perfect integration of all the frameworks, in particular the transformation rules related to SHS regulation.
|The main changes compared to the previous release concern:
– Transformation rules describing the operations applied to the Input Layer in order to generate the Output Layer. Please also take a look at the Framework generation section (specifically the subsection dedicated to FinRep) in order to understand the result of the transformations and also the Methodology section, Annex II on transformations for information about conventions used;
|What’s coming next:
– New visualization tools will be provided for mappings, transformations and hierarchies.