New to the BIRD?
Banks must generate a vast amount of data to comply with statistical and supervisory reporting requirements. BIRD – a new initiative of the ESCB’s Statistics Committee – should help them meet this challenging task, increasing the efficiency of their reporting systems and resulting in higher quality banking data. Read more…
About this release (28.04.2017)
Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of the European Central Bank of 18 May 2016 on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data (so called AnaCredit Regulation) defines a set of reporting requirements for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions. Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384, concerns the collection of Statistics on Holdings of Securities (SHS).
The present release -version 1.0 of the BIRD documentation – comprises a complete definition of the input layer and a complete set of transformation rules needed to produce the AnaCredit and the SHS output layer.
A maintenance activity on BIRD documentation is foreseen to align this version to the part of the AnaCredit Manual and SHS Guideline still under development and correct inconsistencies possibly spotted.
The BIRD documentation is described in the database and in technical guidelines. It is also possible to navigate on the website through the elements of the BIRD dictionary. From the section “Contact Us” there is the possibility to send us observations (comments, suggestions, questions, etc.) concerning this BIRD release.
|The main changes compared to the previous release concern:|
– Frameworks and cubes for SHS and the enriched input layer are now included;
– Exposure class derivation is included;
– The full transformation process is also available, including technical transformations and generation of the final cubes;
– The presentation of the transformation process in the website has been streamlined, to facilitate navigation and visualization of the elements used;
– The technical guidelines have been restructured to adapt the structure to the Entity Relationship Model;
– A tooltip with comments and additional information guides the users through the transformations published on our BIRD Navigator. To trigger the tooltip, scroll over the mouse on the target words (identified in Italics);