New to the BIRD?
Banks must generate a vast amount of data to comply with statistical and supervisory reporting requirements. BIRD – a new initiative of the ESCB’s Statistics Committee – should help them meet this challenging task, increasing the efficiency of their reporting systems and resulting in higher quality banking data. Read more…
About this release (29.06.2018)
The current BIRD Release 2.0 integrates the following reporting requirements:
– (NEW!) The European Banking Authority Implementing Technical Standards with respect to FinRep requirements (version 2.7), implementing the CRD IV/CRR framework.
– Regulation (EU) 2016/867 of the European Central Bank on the collection of granular credit and credit risk data for resident credit institutions and resident foreign branches of credit institutions (AnaCredit Regulation)
– Regulation (EU) No 1011/2012, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2016/1384. It concerns the collection of Statistics on Holdings of Securities (SHS).
This release consists of a complete methodology used to describe the various datasets of the different layers (e.g. Input Layer, Output Layer) in the BIRD. The transformation rules necessary to generate the above mentioned regulatory frameworks will be added in the upcoming release 2.1.
A maintenance activity is foreseen to ensure the perfect integration of all the frameworks, in particular the transformation rules related to SHS regulation.
|The main changes compared to the previous release concern:
– Enhanced dictionary functionalities (i.e. improvements of the metadata methodology) providing additional features for describing integrated data, for more information please have a look in the methodology section;
|What’s coming next:
– New visualization tools will be provided for mappings, transformations and hierarchies.